Monday, October 25, 2021

Tattoo (1978-1983)



Dave Rubin - Guitar
Fred Simmons - Trombone
Todd Dunn - Bass
Rick Palacios - Drums

Would never have known these guys existed had Patrick Neve not posted a link to one of their songs on You Tube to the Panic FB page, thank you Patrick!  Everything I know about these guys is in the article posted above from an Alaska newspaper in 1983; evidently they toured. The band released two singles during their tenure and it would shock me if there wasn't a cassette out there somewhere too.  The first single "Used To Keep Me Up All Night b/w Runaway Home" was released in 1978 making it the earliest recording this blog has been able to come up with so far. The second single "Wino (Oo My Baby Is A) b/w Never Did Nothin' That I Didn't Wanna Do" followed five years later in 1983. Patrick noted that the A side of this one sounded like a precursor to the Cherry Poppin' Daddies and I have to say I'd agree with him. It's in the energy rather than the instrumentation. Hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Way to mine the depths! A hidden gem for sure. Thank you for your diligent data sifting and historical perservation.

    ReplyDelete